Yes, This is a very important aspect of long term prevention especially in case of coronary artery disease.
As we all know, Coronary Artery Disease is caused by Atherosclerosis. Atherosclerosis has multi-factorial causation. Some of these risk factors are modifiable whereas some are non-modifiable. Success in keeping CAD away is in manipulating these modifiable risk factors effectively.
* Stop Smoking and tobacco use completely
* Control of Diabetes, Hypertension and Cholesterol
* Regular physical activity (Walk 3 kilometers in 30 minutes daily)
* Reduce weight if obese (to ideal BMI)
* Take medications regularly (Do not stop antiplatelets and statins without doctor’s permission)
* Regular follow up checks.